Festival Film Uni Eropa “Europe on Screen” (EoS) will hold a series of events comprising an intensive class and a webinar with European film ahead of the festival. The virtual pre-festival events will begin on 9 until 13 November 2020 via Zoom teleconference. Film enthusiasts from across Indonesia can enjoy the two events: an intensive class on writing film scenario with Domenico La Porta and a webinar session titled “Organising Online Film Festivals” with Festival Scope.
Here is the schedule for the pre-festival events:
- 9-12 November 2020 – Intensive class on film scenario writing with Domenico La Porta
- 13 November 2020 – Webinar on “Organising Online Film Festivals” with Festival Scope and representation for European Union Film Festival in India and Zimbabwe.
The four-day intensive class on film scenario writing will be open to 40 participants, consisting of 25 students from Multimedia Nusantara University and 15 other participants. As a prerequisite, the participant must be a semi-professional or professional film scenario writer.
Domenico La Porta is a film journalist, film narrative and scenario consultant, producer, and chief editor of the film data site, Cineuropa. Domenico La Porta has more than 20 years of experience in the film industry, including an Academy Award nominated production. Having a reputable career in the creative industry, Domenico La Porta has sat as a panelist and speaker for many international seminars and conferences such as Cannes Film Festival, San Diego Comic Con, SXSW, and TedX, as well as for big multinational company such as Google, Netflix and Warner Games.
“We are honored to have Domenico La Porta as a tutor for this year’s intensive class,” said EoS Festival Co-Director, Nauval Yazid. “Although this year’s participants and tutor cannot see each other physically, we are pleased to receive high enthusiasm for such a class,” he added.
Going digital has become a solution for many industries during these unprecedented times, including for film festivals. Around the world, many film shifted into online format. Festival Scope is one of the well known online film festival platform based in Paris. This year, Matthieu Eberhardt from Festival Scope along with other Veronica Flora (curator, EU Film Festival in India), Roberta Wagner (curator, EU Film Festival in Zimbabwe) and EOS will share their knowledge and insights on how to host online film festival.
“Organising an online film festival is a new experience for all film stakeholders in the world. In this session we can exchange knowledge to gain new perspectives and solutions to embrace the new normal in film industry,” said Meninaputri Wismurti, EoS Festival Co-Director.
During the festival, EoS will host a series of question and answer session with European filmmakers under the banner “Europe on Screen Film Talk”. Here is the schedule of fringe events during the festival:
- 16 November 2020 – Q&A session with Måns Mårlind and Björn Stein, directors of ‘Swoon’
- 17 November 2020 – Collaboration webinar with Institut Francais Indonesia about Restoration dedicated to cinema and audiovisual, with a representative from Institut National de L’audiovisuel and Centre National du Cinéma et de L’image Animée
- 17 November 2020 – Q&A session with Jessica Hausner, director of ‘Little Joe’
- 20 November 2020 – Q&A session with Cordula Kablitz-Post, director of ‘You Only Live Once’
- 24 November 2020 – Q&A session with Radu Ciorniciuc, director of ‘Acasa – My Home’
- 25 November 2020 – Q&A session with Short Film Pitching Project 2019 winners
- 25 November 2020 – Q&A session with Gabriela Pichler, director of ‘Amateurs’
- 26-27 November 2020 – Pitching sessions for finalists of the Short Film Pitching Project 2020
- 26 November 2020 – Q&A session with Ken Wardrop, director of ‘Making the Grade’
- 26 November 2020 – Q&A session with Miguel Ángel Jiménez, director of ‘Window to the Sea’
- 28 November 2020 – Q&A session with Antoine Russbach, director of ‘Those Who Work’
- 28 November 2020 – Q&A session with Halina Reijn, director of ‘Instinct’
- 29 November 2020 – Q&A session with Michela Occhipinti director of ‘Flesh Out’
For more information, visit www.europeonscreen.org